Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day card and gift

Here's the Mother's Day card that I made for my mom.  I used alcohol inks on the back of a Tim Holtz "idea-ology" fragment/charm and then stamped "with love" with Jet Black Archival Ink on the top.  The alcohol inks are done on the back.  Then, I glued a piece of plain, white printer paper onto the back, using Glossy Accents, so it would give it a bit of shine.  If you don't put some paper behind it, you'll see whatever paper it's against.  The butterfly is a new Brenda Walton stamp that I just bought...since I use butterflies all the time!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers right on the stamp and then stamped it onto cardstock.  I cut
 it out and then mounted it with double-stick mounting tape... it's about 1/8" thick so it raises things up.  I added some "Stickles" glitter-glue to the little spots on the butterfly.

The art piece (the gift) was done on that really smooth wood...I'm not sure what that stuff is actually called.  But, I know now that I like it better if I'm gluing papers down, instead of painting a background.  It's too smooth for painting, for me.  Even with a coat of gesso, for some "tooth".  I'd rather use a small canvas.  This piece is 5.5 x 5.5.  I love the size... to work with and for hanging somewhere in the house...perfect!  But, I'm not sure I'd paint right on the wood again.

So, this is what I've been busy with!  I think my next project is to organize my stuff and get my dining room back into some kind of order, so I can actually find my supplies when I need them and we can actually use the room for what we intended!!  Wish me luck!!

If you came by for a visit, please leave me a comment!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

        ~ Teri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a lovely blog and what a great mastery of color you have,lovely work!
Lee

Halle said...

Very sweet. Love what you did with the collage.

Teri said...

Thanks for visiting, ladies! And, for your kind words. :) Much appreciated.

Enjoy the day!

Teri

Pearl Maple said...

cute cards and really like the way you worked with the inks