Monday, July 6, 2009

So, did you see my raised beds right after we put them in, at the end of May? Here they are, just after they were planted with tomatoes, swiss chard, tomatillos, onions, cabbage, green beans, lettuces and marigolds.
And here they are, just over a month later!! I didn't want to "cage" the tomatoes..... tomatoes get ripe from the gas that they give off and if they are covered, they ripen faster, because that gas can't escape as readily. So, if you have tomatoes that you're trying to ripen, after they've been picked, lay them on the counter and cover them with towels.

I have more pics, of more veggies and flowers, but I'm going to put that in another post or my images will get all messed up and be in the wrong order! :)




















































































No comments: