Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year and the last of Christmas......

Happy New Year!!  I know, I know... here I am, wishing you a Happy New Year and, yet, I'm showing you more Christmassy  things!  Unfortunately, there will probably be even more after this.... I think I have one more of these to make...then, I can send them off!!    You see, it all comes from starting on my Christmas preparations so late.  That puts me still working on Christmas gifts when my mom's birthday rolls around on January 10th!!  So, of course, I start out at a deficit and then that seems to continue all year through.  :(  It has to change.  Please, someone remind me no later than September (!!), to start working on my gifts!!  Plus, I like to make things for peoples' birthdays, too, so I am making things all year round.  It's always one of my New Year's Resolutions....usually the only one, really.  Manage my time better - and don't procrastinate (!!) -  in order to get cards and gifts to people on time!!  Wish me luck!!!
So, the snowflakes that I mounted over everything on these were from a punch.  My son went crazy and punched a bunch of them a few years ago, (after he talked me into buying that punch because he loved it soooo much!!), but, then, we didn't really know what to do with them.  I've kept them in a little open tin all these years, figuring I'd use them someday.  I coated them with Mod-Podge and then covered them with an ultra-fine glitter... the color is "Crystal".... it's a Martha Stewart glitter, actually.  Then, I adhered them by putting more Mod-Podge on the back.

The "Christmas Greetings" on this one is raised with double-sided foam tape.  Mine is made by 3M, but it's no longer in its original package and I've had it for so long that I can't remember what the name of it is.  I mean, I've had it probably close to 20 years!  You can find it here.  It's easy to cut, if you need it to be rounded off, or whatever.  It's also under those birds on the one that I posted before.
OK.... I have some crafting to do!!  I hope you all have a wonderful new year!!  Here's to good health, happiness and prosperity!!

         ~ Teri

No comments: