Friday, January 9, 2009

Pillow fabrics... who'd have thought it could be so complicated?!

I've been trying to find fabric to redo some pillows that we inherited from my sister-in-law...along with a love-seat. We have a couch that is this blue that's dark, but not quite Navy blue. You know, one of those colors that's a little "off" from all the other fabric that you look at... or so it seems! I found a collection at Craft Warehouse, in Salem, yesterday, that I now wish I had bought a few pieces of!! But, I remembered that I want to go for a "cottagey" look, so I went with these more whimsical pieces of Moda/Mary Engelbreit fabric. I'm going to start with the smaller pillow, so only got three fat-quarters. Now that I have them home, I'm not sure they're going to work! We have an old chair that we had reupholstered a few years ago... in a more classic (?) fabric. (Also pictured here.) Am I going to be able to get away with Cottagey, with this other fabric?? Ugh. This is why I don't get these kinds of projects done!! I get too caught up in the details and don't "just do it"! I could never work for Nike! :) Help?? Anyone?? I'll definitely have to ask my friend, Angela, over at http://www.cottagemagpie.com/! She'll know what to do!! :)
I've looked and looked, online, trying to find that fabric I saw yesterday, but to no avail. I can't believe I haven't learned, well, until this very moment, that when I see a fabric that I want to use, to write down who the maker is and what it's called!! I wanted to post a pic of it, too, but I guess that's not going to happen right now. Maybe later. I know you'll all be waiting, ever so anxiously, for that picture to show up. :)

Thanks for listening!
Teri


No comments: