Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Phil saw his shadow. :(

Oh, boy..... bad news. Phil saw his own shadow yesterday! (Punxsutawny Phil, for anyone that doesn't know. You can get all the info you might ever need about him and his legacy at http://www.groundhog.org/) We've actually had nearly a week of gorgeous blue skies (with some fog here and there) and it did get up to 58 degrees yesterday, but I'd just like it a bit warmer so I can get out to do some work in my flower garden that I totally dropped the ball on when it came time to trim up and clean up last Fall! And, well, I'm a garden-whimp. I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot....well, any, really, outer clothing that's good for temps in the 30's or low-40's, which is what it has been. I serioulsy thought about getting out there, yesterday, when I saw that it was 58 and I had already noticed that the polar-fleece was too much to have on in the car! Yes!! But, in the shade, it was cold... and where I'd be working was in the shade at that point, so, nah.... I'll wait.

Cloudless-blue, gorgeous skies today..... but tomorrow we're supposed to get you-know-what-flurries! When you say (ssshhhh!).........I'm not going to say it, I'm only going to spell it....s-n-o-w around here now, people kind of tense up. You can see it. Everyone envisions their perennials and winter vegetables (and gnomes) being buried in 2' of snow again; trying to drive on roads that aren't being properly cared for, or being stuck at home, and losing power from all the limbs that came crashing down! C'mon, people... it's not real likely to break a 40 year record twice in one season, is it? I loved it, by the way! Every part of it. But, we didn't lose any power, which would've meant our heat; I don't have to worry about getting to work and Wayne just didn't work! So, we are grateful for all of that. I wish we'd get that every year, to be honest! Maybe the city would buy some snow-plows then!! :)

How are those Gratitude journals coming along? I have a confession to make. I've been bad. Very, very bad, when it comes to my Gratitude journal. :( I hope you're all doing better than I am at it!!!

Enjoy the day!

No comments: