Monday, November 3, 2008

Why "On Purpose"?

You might be asking, "Why 'On Purpose'?" When I first started this blog, I started to break out into a cold sweat when I got to the part where I had to choose a name for it. I thought, "A name?? But, there's so much in a name... it can't be just anything! It's got to be good!" And, then, all of a sudden, "On Purpose" popped into my head. Now, I can't take full credit for it because it's the name of a shop in Sutter Creek, California, that I love to go to when I'm there. But, I can take credit for it popping into my head. :) It's a shop that's full of metaphysical and spiritual goodies; crystals and incense, great books, etc.... the kinds of things that I love! (Well, *some* of the kinds of things that I love... remember, I told you I was complicated.)
And, the meaning of "on purpose". To me, it implies being mindful. Not doing things "just because" or without much thought, but to be purposeful. To make conscious decisions; to live deliberately. You know, all that stuff. But, it also reminds me that there's a bigger picture.... that there are no accidents, no coincidences. It's all On Purpose.

I hope you'll join me in the journey.

No comments: